Life Verse

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do." James 1:5-8

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Reading & Coffee


So I wouldn't say I am a "reader". It takes me a very long time to read a book; I am easily distracted, I rarely am able to finish a book...whether that book is fiction or non-fiction. You see, I never grew up reading books and I think that's where the love of reading stems from-childhood. So parents...read to your kids, have them read, go to the library, make it fun. 


I think reading is an important thing to have a part of your life and have been always wanting to find ways of getting through a book faster. 


I have just come across a way I, as the “non-reader” can read and enhance my life by the books I’m in…audio books. Whether I’m driving, at home making dinner, or sitting on the coach reading I love to listen to audio books. I have really enjoyed reading along with the audio as well. Sometimes looking at the words and listening at the same time you experience something new and different. Now, I wouldn’t say this is for everyone. Many times when I tell this to people they cannot get into it, which is totally fine. But for me, the “non-reader” this has become a way I have really started to enjoy reading.

One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday is try out different coffee shops and take a book and just read/listen. The great thing about audio books is you can be in a book and still occasionally look up and "people watch"- which is another one of the my favorite reasons for going to a coffee shop. 



Well that and Portland has the best coffee ever. And some of the cutest coffee shops. It also gives me a reason to meet up with people. If you're looking for a relaxing Saturday morning thing to do...come with me on my coffee extravaganza's...different coffee shop every week. 

     





No comments:

Post a Comment