Life Verse

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do." James 1:5-8

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Next Chapter in my life is coming...


The next couple months:

Currently I am planning and coordinating three short-term mission trips; 2 to Haiti and 1 to Rwanda. It is a lot of work, but I am so thankful for the privilege to impact the lives of so many through what God is doing in and through me.

Next week I am heading to Haiti. 
Photo taken by David Uttley- Luminescent Images
I will be leading my 2nd mission trip by myself through my work, All God’s Children Int’l (AGCI). I am really excited about this trip and after hearing so many great things from my friend/co-worker about her recent team to Haiti I am stoked to see this country, meet these children, hear the heart of the directors/leaders for the people of Haiti, and to see God transform the lives of my team. What a privilege it is that God entrusts this mission to me. I am humbled over and over again that He chooses to use me. I often find myself saying to him, “Really God, you want to use me for *that*?” and He continues to respond, “Yep, but only if you let me do it”. That is the only way it is going to get done to bring Him glory, is if He takes the reins. So here we go again, passing the reigns back to Him asking Him to lead me as I lead this group.

The trip to Haiti is a weekend trip; Thursday September 22nd-Sunday the 26th. It really is a SHORT trip to Haiti. These trips are initially designed as a vision trip for AGCI. The trip will be AGCI’s 2nd trip to Haiti and currently we’re just trying to figure out where God wants us as an organization and which homes to partner with. The team I am taking is 15 people from all over the US and I am excited to see them come together as a group with a couple things in common; orphan children, missions, and Christ. I love watching God unify these groups and would love your prayers as that is a key part of these trips. If we are not united as one group the adversary wins- and we are more than conquers! So pray with me that they will be one so to bring Glory to our Father in Heaven.





After the trip I am going to spend a couple more days in Florida visiting my mom and her family. 


I have only met her family when I was a young child, so this will be a good experience for them to meet me and vice versa. Pray that I go in with no expectations and just go with the flow. I haven’t seen my mom for many years and she is not a huge part of my life, but it will be good to have this time together.









I return back to the office the beginning of October and in the office for a couple of weeks and then take my 2nd team to Haiti on the 19th-24th. October 28th will be my last day at AGCI. God is closing the doors here and has opened up another one.

In April of this year I applied for a two year long mission commitment with OCI (One Challenge Int’l). There is a team in Indonesia who are willing to receive more team members to help them out with what they are doing in Indonesia right now. Each time I travel to another country on a short-term mission trip I always have the desire to stay longer- to learn the language, to build relationships, to do life together with the people that live there and to be used to bring to gospel of Christ to whomever doesn’t know or believe it.


OCI will review my application on October 3rd and then formally invite me to interview with them from October 31-November 4th in Colorado. I am going to be walking into this interview jobless and praying that this is still the Lords plan for me. If it is not his plan for me to go, I know it is his plan for me to have filled out that application, and wait patiently until I hear back from OCI if I am invited to interview of not. After the interview if I am accepted I will spend the next year raising two years of income for my time in Indonesia or Indo-land as the team calls it. Please pray with me that I can wait patiently for the interview, that God provides the income to fly to Colorado and that God starts now preparing people just like you to send me on this incredible journey that he has been leading me in.

It take it as no accident that I have worked as a mission coordinator at AGCI for the past two years- that is HIM.
It is no accident that I have traveled on 7 different missions trips to 5 different countries in the last 3 years- that is HIM.
It is no accident that YOU are in my life- that is HIM.
It is no accident that I desire to STAY when I am in country- that is HIM.
It is no accident  that I have peace after I resigned from my job which pays ALL my bills- that is HIM.
It is no accident that I have people in my life to encourage, admonish, support, and believe in him through me- that is HIM.

In faith…I quit my job
In faith…I patiently wait for an interview
In faith…I pray for you- those who will walk through this journey with me. He wants to use you through sending me.
In faith…I trust in HIS timing
In faith…I send write this blog
In faith…I go!
It’s because of faith I have entered into what is called the “Spiritually insane” club.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Thanks for taking the time to pray. Thanks for being used to glorify God. 

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog. Your faithfulness to Lord just AMAZES me!! I will be praying for the mission trips and your family visit. Hope we can see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete