Heaven’s Stepping Stones
by Claire Vorster http://www.clairesteaparty.com/
How do I find Heaven on this bruised earth?
This yelling, crying, fighting brawl of a place,
This place that I call home, for now at any rate.
Where there is silence in place of comfort,
And words in place of worship.
This yelling, crying, fighting brawl of a place,
This place that I call home, for now at any rate.
Where there is silence in place of comfort,
And words in place of worship.
Where love is bought and sold in magazines,
And bitterness is served up cold with daily bread,
Where lies are truth and truth lies old in no mans land,
How do I find Heaven here?
And bitterness is served up cold with daily bread,
Where lies are truth and truth lies old in no mans land,
How do I find Heaven here?
How do I keep my eyes from seeing,
My heart from ceasing,
My soul from dying,
How do I keep the dove from flying,
How do I find Heaven here?
My heart from ceasing,
My soul from dying,
How do I keep the dove from flying,
How do I find Heaven here?
Let me count the ways,
Let me count out Heaven in my days,
From here to there, I’ll step on thankfulness,
Count out Heaven’s stepping stones,
One step, one breath, one thank you at a time.
Let me count out Heaven in my days,
From here to there, I’ll step on thankfulness,
Count out Heaven’s stepping stones,
One step, one breath, one thank you at a time.
A kiss at the door, a prayer before sleep,
The hand of a friend, unexpected grace,
Flowers creeping from their winter beds,
Coffee cups and spiced tea,
A made up joke told just to me.
The hand of a friend, unexpected grace,
Flowers creeping from their winter beds,
Coffee cups and spiced tea,
A made up joke told just to me.
Love that is courage and fierce discipline,
Forgiving and forgetting,
Books that tell of time travel,
My name, your name, His name stay,
I’ll count out Heaven in my days.
Forgiving and forgetting,
Books that tell of time travel,
My name, your name, His name stay,
I’ll count out Heaven in my days.
Count until light unseen, unwanted
This light appears,
Streams through my fighting, biting land,
Beauty for ashes,
Hope for despair,
I’ll count ‘til Heaven’s here not there.
This light appears,
Streams through my fighting, biting land,
Beauty for ashes,
Hope for despair,
I’ll count ‘til Heaven’s here not there.
No comments:
Post a Comment