
I learned:
1. That it is okay and necessary to "stand out" for Christ, to be BOLD for Him. I have learned recently that one attitude to aquire in order to progressively move forward, onto new ground with God is: "Instead of being one of the crowd, I am willing to be singled out, set apart from the gang" (A Shepherds look at Psalm 23, Ch 6, pg 91). This was hard for me, cause I always felt like I needed to belong but the predicament was I had something to say and didn't know how to say it and be my true self. While in Uganda I was able to speak up and share the love that overflowed within me to all that I met and I felt so fulfilled, so purposeful- like I was MADE to do this and to say this...And coming home the Lord has assured to me that is WHO He created me to be. I have something to share and it flows out of me in boldness where I am comfortable at where He has led me. Like sheep being led by their shepherd, my shepherd has led me to Uganda and then back home with a new look at who I am in Him!
2. While I am WEAK, He is strong. I need to get to that point of desperation, a point where I can nothing but turn to Him and in turning to Him He gets the glory. When I am going through something hard, challenging, exhausting or just a place where I need guidance I now pray that the Lord brings me to a place where I fully dependent on His strength...that when it is hard is when He gets the glory cause it is He who leads me where I need to go, or gives me the strength to (do the drama ONE more time) or share my testimony one more time...All Glory to My King!
3. It was also affirmed in me of who MY GOD is and how wonderful He is and how worth it is to share to everyone who He is to me.
4. I also learned that my walk with Christ has shifted from religion to relationship and that has been a platform to share the truth of the gospel. I long for people that are just "doing church" or "doing good things" like I did for so many years to really KNOW who Christ is. Coming home and meeting people and talking with people that claim Christianity I pray that they KNOW who God is and they are driven by that knowledge and love that He has given to us.
5. And last I am so much more thankful for what my Lord did on that cross so many years ago. Because of that we have received the Spirit of God to guide, encourage, rebuke and walk through life with me!
*Did I learn enough??? God is good! and this is just the tip of who He is and what He has in store for me and my life! I pray I never loose sight of that!
1. That it is okay and necessary to "stand out" for Christ, to be BOLD for Him. I have learned recently that one attitude to aquire in order to progressively move forward, onto new ground with God is: "Instead of being one of the crowd, I am willing to be singled out, set apart from the gang" (A Shepherds look at Psalm 23, Ch 6, pg 91). This was hard for me, cause I always felt like I needed to belong but the predicament was I had something to say and didn't know how to say it and be my true self. While in Uganda I was able to speak up and share the love that overflowed within me to all that I met and I felt so fulfilled, so purposeful- like I was MADE to do this and to say this...And coming home the Lord has assured to me that is WHO He created me to be. I have something to share and it flows out of me in boldness where I am comfortable at where He has led me. Like sheep being led by their shepherd, my shepherd has led me to Uganda and then back home with a new look at who I am in Him!
2. While I am WEAK, He is strong. I need to get to that point of desperation, a point where I can nothing but turn to Him and in turning to Him He gets the glory. When I am going through something hard, challenging, exhausting or just a place where I need guidance I now pray that the Lord brings me to a place where I fully dependent on His strength...that when it is hard is when He gets the glory cause it is He who leads me where I need to go, or gives me the strength to (do the drama ONE more time) or share my testimony one more time...All Glory to My King!
3. It was also affirmed in me of who MY GOD is and how wonderful He is and how worth it is to share to everyone who He is to me.
4. I also learned that my walk with Christ has shifted from religion to relationship and that has been a platform to share the truth of the gospel. I long for people that are just "doing church" or "doing good things" like I did for so many years to really KNOW who Christ is. Coming home and meeting people and talking with people that claim Christianity I pray that they KNOW who God is and they are driven by that knowledge and love that He has given to us.
5. And last I am so much more thankful for what my Lord did on that cross so many years ago. Because of that we have received the Spirit of God to guide, encourage, rebuke and walk through life with me!
*Did I learn enough??? God is good! and this is just the tip of who He is and what He has in store for me and my life! I pray I never loose sight of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment